What's your new role about?
We have an exciting Software Engineer opportunity in Product Engineering here at DAZN.
As part of the DAZN Operational Tooling and Systems (DOTS) Product Engineering team, you will play a key role by designing, building, and supporting services that power our world-leading streaming service on web, mobile and TV platforms.
The DOTS are responsible for all aspects of the content that users see on the platform. From content metadata, imagery and text, rights management, event scheduling, editorial tooling and our CMS systems - that's us! We're now moving into the next phase and are looking to create the next generation of these systems allowing DAZN to rapidly scale and grow.
Within DAZN; growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who are happy to take ownership of their services, thrive when given autonomy and are eager to contribute to creating a strong engineering culture of inclusion, fun and openness.
We’re now mostly a remote team, with only occasional office visits (post-covid) so we can get together, socialise and meet other people in the flesh. On average we'd expect teams to meet up a few times a month.
You will join a team who have ownership of several core DAZN services, and be responsible for the development, testing, ongoing support and deployment of these systems. We expect you to deliver well tested, maintainable software.
Our engineering teams work on both the frontend and backend aspects of their systems, one day you could be building React admin interfaces, the next creating a Lambda microservice using Node.js
or Terraforming AWS infrastructure. However, within our teams there is great opportunity to specialise in the areas you prefer. The majority of our work tends to focus on backend APIs using lambdas and containers.
You'll have the opportunity to work closely with Architects and Product Owners to ensure we build the right thing that delivers value for our customers.
- Experience writing highly performant backend services, ideally using Node.js
- Able to create infrastructure with code, we use Terraform to define our cloud infrastructure
- Strong coding skills in general; able to demonstrate multiple ways to solve any given problem
- At least a conceptual knowledge of cloud technology, especially AWS
- Be able to write automation tests and fully understand the importance of testing. The whole team is responsible for quality, not just the tester!
- Experience with Agile frameworks and working within an agile, dynamic team environment
- DevOps skills - "Build it, own it, run it"
- Be at home working with CI/CD pipelines
Nice to haves
- Experience with event streams and message-based architectures
- Previous experience with GraphQL
- Experience building with serverless architectures
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration technologies
- Knowledge of media streaming, encoding technology and rights management solutions
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.