What's your new role about?
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU
DAZN is going to change the way people watch sports forever by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no long contracts and a single low monthly fee. We're growing fast, constantly adding new sports to our service and have recently launched our service globally.
As part of the DAZN Operational Tooling and Systems (DOTS) product engineering team, you will play a lead role in this by designing, building and supporting the services that power our world-leading streaming service across web, mobile and TV platforms.
The DOTS are responsible for all aspects of the content that users see on the platform from content metadata, imagery and translations, to rights management, event scheduling, editorial tooling and CMS systems. We're now moving into the next phase and are looking to create the next generation of these systems allowing the company to rapidly scale and grow.
Within our rapidly expanding company; growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who are happy to take ownership of their services, thrive when given autonomy, and are eager to contribute to creating a strong engineering culture of inclusion, fun and openness.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
Our engineering teams work on both the frontend and backend aspects of our systems. One day you could be building React admin interfaces, the next creating a Lambda microservice using Node.js and Terraforming AWS infrastructure. However, within our teams there is great opportunity to specialise in the areas you prefer.
An average day you may find yourself:
- Using node.js to build backend services and frameworks
- Using react to build frontend DOTS applications
- Using Terraform to define our cloud infrastructure
- Joining in group discussions and collaboration sessions
- Working closely with your team of engineers and product to deliver software
- Deploying code to production regularly (daily ideally)
- Helping to support the products you help to create
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Strong coding skills in general; able to demonstrate multiple ways to solve any given problem
- At least a conceptual knowledge of cloud technology, especially AWS
- Be able to write automation tests and fully understand the importance of testing. The whole team is responsible for quality, not just the tester!
- Experience with Agile frameworks and working within an agile, dynamic team environment
- DevOps skills - “Build it, own it, run it”
- Be at home working with CI/CD pipelines
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Experience with media streaming
- Experience with event streams and message-based architectures
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience writing Infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation, etc)
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration technologies
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.