What's your new role about?
As a Product Manager at DAZN, Japan. your main role will be to define, prioritise and deliver our Japan specific product requirements and support improvement features across web, TV and mobile platforms. You will work directly with the Product, Marketing and Commercial teams in Japan, Tokyo on key initiatives which require product development, as well as deliver product requirements for any commercial partnerships. You will also be working closely with the DAZN London Product Team to ensure that the priorities from the Japan market are clearly defined, tested and delivered on time. In this role, you will work with the Japan teams to gather requirements, write user stories and deliver features in an Agile environment. You will directly influence the growth of the DAZN audience in Japan.
You will be working on a global product with the opportunity to shape a next generation video OTT platform to deliver streaming sport (live and on demand) to customers around the world. Your role will involve learning about sign up and retention customer experiences in different cultures as we roll out to new markets, with an opportunity to travel to these markets and do direct user research.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Defining and delivering new features to support customer acquisitions/retention, user experience, and commercial partnership in Japan.
- Gathering requirements, converting them into user stories, and then communicating these to development teams
- Resolving issues relating to Product which affect Japanese users with the local and London teams
- Prioritise features based on customer data and research and an understanding of cultural nuances
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Experience as a product manager delivering
- Experience writing user stories and prioritising them to get a feature built to a right time line
- Passion for the user experience and customer data
- Experience reporting back to senior management in Japanese and English
- Native level Japanese speaker with good English communication skills (Written and verbal)
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience with subscription-based products and especially e-commerce
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience with development or APIs
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
- Run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.