What's your new role about?
As Cloud Platform Engineering Manager, you will drive engineering excellence across the Cloud Engineering platform teams. With your solid technical experience and people management skills you’ll grow high-performance teams composed by outstanding engineers. Sounds good? Keep reading.
In Cloud Engineering we aim to build and maintain the common Platform and systems used by the development teams and other parts of the business. Your role will be to grow existing teams, promoting an environment of freedom, trust, and responsibility and preparing and enabling your team to excel. You will know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes – be a servant leader. You will be a proven Coach and Mentor, able to grow each of your team members. As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole DAZN as part of community-based sharing groups.
The teams develop and maintain various highly available and reliable Cloud platform components that underpin the entire DAZN offering. They develop our cloud provisioning approach, core identity management systems, improve container clusters and serverless patterns and raise the bar on SecOps tooling and integrations. The scope is both wide and deep so there’s tremendous potential for growing our engineers (and naturally, your leadership skills).
We are passionate about building a Platform that supports DAZN’s Global presence by making the best use of AWS services, opensource tools and our engineers’ ingenuity! Our core tech stack includes Golang & Nodejs, AWS, GCP and Azure, Docker & Kubernetes, Hashicorp’s products and a plethora of modern and exciting technological work.
We’re have a hybrid way of working, mostly remote, spread across three countries, with only occasional office visits so we can get together, socialise, and meet other people in the flesh.
This role can be based out of the London, Leeds or Amsterdam offices.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
Here's what you'll do:
- Developing team members through goals, appraisals, 1:1s, mentoring and coaching
- Making delivery focused decisions to ensure we meet our OKRs
- Creating a culture of freedom and responsibility that shines through high quality and added value work
- Driving engineering excellence across the team by fostering modern engineering practices, reliability, and stakeholder engagement
- Championing community-based discussions
- Recruiting and onboarding new members of your teams
- Growing technically by being involved in the teams’ discussions and solving management problems with a technical mindset
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Previous experience of managing engineers
- Background as an Engineer (Platform, Software or equivalent) and good understanding of technical aspects
- Experience working in Cloud native environments
- Demonstrable experience of growing and motivating team members
- Excellent influencing skills with people at all seniority levels
- Ability to prioritise under pressure in a range of situations
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- An innovative, flexible, calm and proactive approach
Even better if you have:
- A desire to keep improving technically as well as in leadership
- Knowledge of SRE concepts and their practical application
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.