What's your new role about?
DAZN is a leading Media organisation, and 2019 promises to be one of massive growth thanks to serious investment and increased focus within the region. With that growth comes new opportunities and responsibilities to maximise the way in which DAZN engages with Japan’s programmatic trading environment.
We need to take our programmatic offering to a new level of sophistication, providing both improved media packaging for our partners, greater utilisation of proprietary data, and increased yield for our own organisation through both direct and indirect programmatic demand channels.
The role will mean broad exposure to multiple markets, platforms, and any relevant partners you may wish to introduce – you’re leading the way with our programmatic strategy!
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Increasing revenue from new and existing programmatic partners, through both Open and Private Marketplaces.
- Determining the overall programmatic strategy for Japan
- Working with the central product team, local operations and sales teams to implement the strategy
- Lead relationships with Agency and Third party trading desks and vendors such as The Trade Desk, Platform 1, Relaid, Unruly, SuperShip.
- Collaborating with Regional teams to escalate issues and to share learnings
- Feeding into Product Team to ensure local market requirements are considered when developing global roadmaps for programmatic offering across web, app and OTT platforms.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- 7 years’ experience in either Media Sales or for a Media Agency, of which:
- 5+ years working in Programmatic including regional exposure, and ideally experience leading a Programmatic Team
- Capable of communicating with Commercial/Technical stakeholders both Internally and Externally
- Experience with advertising and data platforms (DFP, BlueKai, and any DSP/SSP/DMPs)
- A curious and sharp mind, with a hunger to always learn
- Experience working with or for and continued good connections with main agency groups and an understanding of how those agencies approach programmatic trading.
- A sales-minded approach to overcoming objections and providing solutions which benefit DAZN and its clients
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE DETAIL IF YOU’RE HUNGRY FOR MORE
- Building data-led programmatic packages for proactive launch into marketplaces.
- Working across different advertising and data platforms, including DFP, Facebook Audience Network, BlueKai and Pubmatic, and others you may wish to introduce
- Maximising data partnerships through collaboration with Media Analyst and Product
- Driving fill rate and yield without compromising direct sales efforts
- Building, analyzing and communicating detailed metrics report for senior management
- Conducting periodic evaluation of programmatic strategies to identify new opportunities, and present recommendations for growth (i.e. new technologies, improved optimization, ad placement audits, etc.)
- Serving as a key member of the Sales team by helping support the direct sales team and acting as a senior voice within team meetings
- Providing insights into competitive landscape
- Evolving DAZN’s programmatic approach to market and messaging as the DAZN on platform advertising and sponsorship opportunity rolls out for the first time from 2019.
- Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
- Annual Health Exams
- Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
- Sick leave up to 7 days pa
- Defined Contribution plan
- Relo club employee benefit package - (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
- Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
- Discount for every drink in office vending machines
- Free subscription on DAZN
- Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
- Paid commuting allowance up to 30,000 yen a month
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.