What's your new role about?
It’s 7:00 pm on Saturday, 3 million people are signing up to our global platform to catch the first match of the season. Is your infrastructure going to scale, will your design stop the nuisance script-kiddy trying to take you down, will your systems keep going even as one card processor begins to struggle? Of course, they will. It’s 7:30 pm, kick-off, and you’ve already won.
It’s pronounced “Da-ZN” by the way, as in “It dazn’t matter how you pronounce it”!
We are sports live streaming service with ambition to change the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport when and where they want it for a single low monthly fee.
You'll play a lead role in the design and architecture of the systems enabling the expansion of DAZN into global markets; with a rich variety of partners and evolving the next phase of our application framework.
Specifically, you will work with DAZN’s Acquisition and Retention product team taking on the responsibility of the design and development of DAZN’s user management and payment systems, integrating with a large number of 3rd party payment providers.
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF)..
- Establish both functional and non-functional requirements of stakeholders.
- Design architectures using industry standard methodologies, ensuring that the result is reliable, scalable, performant and secure.
- Collaborate with and support distributed teams of software developers.
- Take both leading and hands-on roles in the implementation of the solution.
- Investigate issues and identify and initiate quality improvement measures.
- Manage disruption free migrations and system shutdowns.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering successful large scale, high availability, high quality, high performance architectures involving a wide variety of systems and technologies.
- Experience working with subscriptions and billing systems. Integrating with service providers e.g. WorldPay, Stripe & Adyen. In app subscriptions e.g. Google Play, Apple.
- Experience with designing systems that handle user data, including the associated regulations.
- Experience with supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting live systems.
- Experience with Cloud based systems, in particular AWS, ECS, Serverless, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SNS, SQS and Microservices.
- Experience with developing consumer facing cross-platform web applications.
- Experience acting as both a team and technical lead on multiple projects.
- Experience in designing and deploying with Docker
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Experience with Agile frameworks (Kanban, Scrum…)
- Experience with Salesforce and CRMs
- Experience with design notations such as UML.
- Experience with Kubernetes
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/