What's your new role about?
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU?
As a Software Architect with the DAZN Team you will work within the Architecture department. You will take on the responsibility of the design and development of DAZN’s user management and payment systems, integrating with a large number of 3rd party payment providers.
You will have proven ability with working with stakeholders to establish their requirements and designing and implementing the architecture, taking the technical leadership of distributed teams of software developers, ensuring that the result is reliable, scalable, performant and secure.
DAZN are going to change the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no ads, no long contract and a single low monthly fee. As part of the DAZN tech team, you will play a lead role in this by designing and building world leading streaming services across web, mobile and TV platforms, working on new feature releases and evolving the next phase of our application framework. With a rapidly expanding company; growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant workplace.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
· Establish both functional and non-functional requirements of stakeholders
· Design architectures using industry standard methodologies and present to stakeholders.
· Take both leading and hands-on roles in the implementation of the solution
· Investigate issues and identify and initiate quality improvement measures
· Manage disruption free migrations and system shutdowns
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
· Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering successful large scale, high availability, high quality, high performance architectures involving a wide variety of systems and technologies
· Experience with designing and developing secure e-commerce system and handing a variety of international payment systems
· Experience with designing systems that handle user data, including the associated regulations
· Experience with supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting live Systems
· Experience with Cloud based systems, in particular AWS, Kubernates, ECS and Microservices
· Experience with developing consumer facing cross-platform web applications
· Hands-on ability to implement solutions
· Experience with designing and documenting solutions using industry standard methodologies
· Experience acting as both a team and technical lead on multiple projects
or Java against SQL/NoSQL systems
· Ability to consider multiple stakeholders requirements in a rapidly changing environment
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
· Experience with Agile frameworks (Kanban, Scrum…)
· Experience with Salesforce and CRMs
· Experience in designing and deploying with Docker
· Exposure to data analysis and recommendation engines
· Experience with formal design notations such as UML, BPMN and ArchiMate
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/