What's your new role about?
What’s better than writing code that reaches millions of concurrent users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind. In 2020, we went global multiplying our engineering challenges. To support our global takeover as the leading sports OTT platform we are looking for Backend Engineers who are passionate about building a modern, scalable and resilient platform and want to contribute to our mission of pushing the boundaries.
We give you autonomy over the software you build and offer you the freedom to choose the right tool for the job. In return, we expect you to take (e2e) ownership of the systems you build, and that means:
– You’re responsible for the operational health of your services
– You’re empowered and encouraged to fix operational issues (i.e. there will be space for improvement work and bug fixes in the sprints)
The team in Amsterdam is entirely focussed on the Growth of our business so the teams range from Customer Acquisition to Payments and User Identity to Partnerships. It’s a relatively new office so we are just under 200 people, though we are a very diverse team with more than 42 nationalities represented.
This role is be based in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The internal job title is Software Engineer – Backend.
Benefits will include: access to DAZN, 25 days’ holiday per year, an annual performance related bonus, pension plan, medical insurance discounts, commuter allowance/NS business card for those of you living more than 10km away from the office, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events
As our new Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Build and maintain scalable microservices
- Collaborate with Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver a compelling user experience
- Deliver maintainable, robust and testable code
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience in building cloud-hosted services
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
- Ability to write tests
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with infrastructure and deployment automation
- Worked on large scale web applications
- Leverages and contributes to open source
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.