What's your new role about?
Are you seeking a new challenge within the sports world? Do you love a vibrant, agile place of work where no two days are the same? Do you want to help us be a gamechanger in the world of live transmission and broadcast? Is that a large resounding, YES? Then keep reading.
As the first person to take the plunge into this brand new role within our growing broadcast operations division, you will play a key part within our transmission team and be the main point of contact for internal and external global stakeholders. You’ll be responsible for leading the operational delivery of live and non-live content to our Spanish, and Italian linear channels, mentor and guide colleagues to become the very best and take ownership for providing an outstanding services to our global customer base.
Your commercial awareness, transmission expertise, attention to detail and organisational skills will enable you to maintain the highest of technical and operational standards within our dynamic ‘live’ broadcast environment. There is also the opportunity to spread your wings into other areas of learning and support the workflows of our unique OTT platform as well.
Due to our live sports schedule, this is a shift based role so working hours are very flexible including nights, weekends, national and public holidays. Other benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Leading the delivery of live transmission operations
- Ensuring all transmission bookings for each day are correct and confirmed
- Managing working practices within transmission
- Keeping operational procedures updated
- Incident management and reporting
- Identifying operational procedures that need to be addressed, resolved or improved and contribute to resolving or escalating where appropriate
- Mentoring and supporting TC’s on shift
- Involvement in training and recruitment
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Solid years experience working in a busy, live, transmission environment preferably in live sports and with experience of leading a team.
- Knowledge of file based media preparation and delivery
- Experience of broadcast technology, varied transmission platforms, linear and IP protocols
- Understanding of broadcast rules and regulations and compliance requirements
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience of mentoring and leading a team
- Technical and operational experience with broadcast equipment, including, routers, waveform monitors, graphics engines, etc.
- Familiarity with file delivery workflows
- Familiar with WON (Media Genix) scheduling system
- Fluent in Italian/Spanish
- Experience in a global organisation
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.