What's your new role about?
(PLEASE SEND RESUMES IN ENGLISH)
Are you ready to change the game in Brazil? To play your part in one of the world’s fastest growing sports streaming services? To be right there at kick-off for the launch of our sports platform into our newest territory? Keep reading…
As our Chief Editor, your commercial acumen and fluent language skills (Portuguese and English) combined with significant knowledge of Football and other major sports will enable you to maximize performance and ensure a superior viewing experience for our Brazilian sports fans. Curation of content and quality control are key elements of this role and you’ll partner with Executive Producers and Program Planners to organize and schedule matches and programming for your region.
This is a role unique to an OTT service as you will be curating live and non-live content in a non-linear way. It’s like a Chief Editor of a sports website, newspaper or magazine or a Channel Controller of a sports channel but with a twist because we are not a traditional model. You’ll have the opportunity to roll with the times and use your first-rate knowledge of sports to really get ahead of what our sports consumers want to see and experience on our platform.
You’ll have the chance to nurture and promote a high-performing, collaborative and positive environment at our new production facility in Miami as well as working with the commercial, marketing, publishing and social teams to ensure content is standout and relevant to sports fans.
Not only this, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to our other worldwide DAZN locations regularly and work with some of the best global talent in the sports media industry.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Curate and commission content using key metrics in line with brand and editorial guidelines
- Manage and mentor a team of around the clock content staff
- Provide quality control of output of live and recorded content
- Maintain communication with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth production and delivery
- Manage short and long-term program schedule in conjunction with planning department
- Weekly reports and meetings with other regions
- Use production experience and leadership to contribute production ideas within the senior leadership team
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Fluent in Portuguese and English
- Management level production and editorial experience in the sports industry
- Significant editorial knowledge of Football and other major sports (e.g. Basketball, American Football, Tennis, Rugby and Motor Sports)
- First rate knowledge of and interest in sports industry both locally and globally
- Commercial acumen and knowledge of cost management
- Proven leadership abilities, supported by demonstrated track record of management in a growth business
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Understanding of production surrounding world feeds for sport
- Understanding of technical processes involved in live sports broadcasting and program production
- Understanding of content production for OTT distribution
- Understanding of content management systems and delivery of media
- Department: DAZN Content and Programming
- Type: Permanent
- Reports To: Head of Sport Brazil
- Career Level: CL4
- Location: Sao Paulo - Brazil
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in five territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, US, Canada and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles. We’ll be launching in Spain and Brazil early 2019.
BRAZIL BENEFITS INCLUDE…
We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development program and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
We also provide health and dental insurance plan, meal voucher, transportation or parking and life insurance.