What's your new role about?
Are you looking for a career-defining role in a company with big ambitions?
Do you love sport? Are you imaginative and a strong communicator? Do you like working independently but want to be part of a global team?
At DAZN, we are reimagining the way people around the world enjoy sport. The only global, digital sports broadcaster, DAZN is live in over 200 countries and is a market-leader in Italy, Japan, DACH and Spain where we hold top tier domestic football rights. Few people in the UK know this.
Even fewer people know that we want to reinvigorate sports broadcasting by delivering the widest catalogue of sports contents to fans globally while creating a truly 360-degree interactive sports entertainment experience for customers. We are building a single, frictionless sports entertainment platform, where fans can watch, bet, play, share, socialise, and buy tickets, NFTs and merchandise.
Are you the person to help us tell that story?
You will work directly with our Chief Communications Officer in a role that provides great visibility to the entire executive committee.
You will oversee the company’s proactive and reactive media engagement. You’ll partner with the local DAZN comms teams across our key markets in Europe, North America, and Asia to devise and execute our media agenda and support with the broader external communications strategy.
You'll have the opportunity to demonstrate your naturally entrepreneurial skillset, be resourceful and a self-starter, as well as having impeccable writing skills (please send us some of your work), a network of UK-based business media contacts, and a flair for finding and telling stories.
As the main conduit between our business and the UK media, you’ll be the go-to person for all things finance, tech and business including expansion stories and key rights announcements.
Based in London, UK, your benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for hybrid working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new SVP Group Communications, your key focus will be:
- Driving the corporate news agenda – manage external communications related to rights agreements, business development and partnerships, advertising, content, product, financial comms, thought leadership and executive profiling
- Raising the company profile – work with our Chief Communications Officer to devise ways of telling our story beyond routine news flow
- Refining our corporate narrative – work with senior leaders to develop the company’s external positioning and amplify that story, particular in the investor community
- Supporting investor communications – ensure our stakeholders are kept updated on company developments and comms initiatives
- Financial communications – work with executive committee to synthesize the company’s business priorities and give regular updates to the investor community
- Issues management – manage global response, working with comms leadership team, key stakeholders and media
- Support executive communications – manage the leadership team’s speaker opportunities
- Core market comms activations - working with the market comms leads to plan and maximise central and local initiatives across live events, broadcast rights acquisitions, distribution agreements, awards, M&A announcements, new products and features, new senior hires etc
- Corporate comms agency management – help oversee agency relationships
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- A love for sport
- The energy, drive and ambition to propel yourself into the top spot (we like promotions here)
- Global senior/management level experience in global communications and ability to work across time zones
- History working in technology and/or corporate communications for an evolving, rapidly growing, ambitious organisation
- Established relationships with UK business media
- Experience with agency management
- Understanding of media, technology and financial sectors
Even better if you have:
- Experience beyond PR
- Experience working in early-stage companies
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.