What's your new role about?
From Canelo Alvarez and fight sports in North America to Serie A in Italy to J.League in Japan and much more. All in a day’s work.
Help define and deliver our medium term revenue goals has arisen. You’ll have the chance to provide significant contribution to strategic decisions within our fast-paced and incredibly dynamic business.
You will be involved across one or more of our current markets. You will support the broader Revenue Finance and Revenue Performance teams by providing and utilising market intelligence/research and data analysis, challenging current thinking/processes, and devising solutions to existing and new business challenges. Given the breadth of the role you will work cross functionally with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Your innovative and consultative mindset will provide you with an objective view on the marketplace, our position within it and the opportunities that exist. You will relish working in a fast-paced, agile environment alongside a strong team of industry experts. You’ll embrace a challenge and can thrive in this broad and pacey new role by always being ahead of the game.
Regrettably, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this role so you must be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis – UK / EU citizen or ILR.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Research and analyse sports media markets
- Make recommendations to the DAZN management based on your analysis
- Work with stakeholders across DAZN to deliver the group’s revenue targets
- Help shape and define DAZN’s revenue strategy
- Assist in the preparation of materials for a broad set of stakeholders, including our Board
- Revenue planning:
- Assessment of existing pricing proposition and long-term objectives, working with the stakeholders to adapt as required
- Facilitate revenue elements of our quarterly business updates across the marketing, distribution and strategy; both regionally and globally
- Propose changes to pricing and packaging to achieve our medium to long term objectives
- Market and competitor assessment and implications to DAZN markets
- Assessment of the effectiveness of partnerships and ideas for new ones
- Taking learnings from across markets to ensure best practice is followed across all markets as DAZN grows
- Work with product to question the order of the product roadmap and provide insight into why some features may need moving up or down in priority
- Additional responsibilities:
- Support the preparation of papers highlighting both business performance or potential changes to the overall portfolio
- Act as an interface between the Revenue Management team and other areas of the business, including product development and the strategy teams
- Support the Revenue Finance teams in the preparation of business cases and measuring the success of various initiatives
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in either Tier 1 Strategy Consulting firm, Investment Banking, Professional Services or In-House Strategy/Corporate Development team
- Demonstrable experience of utilising strategic analytical skills, including market situation/trend analyses, economic and P&L modelling and forecasting, scenario planning, go to market / roll out plans and operational feasibility assessments
- Strong analytical capabilities with a track record of strategic development and implementation planning
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in the sports media industry
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- An understanding of a wide range of international markets
- Experience in media or technology business
- Bachelor’s degree or similar qualification
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Department: Revenue Management
- Internal Job Title: Revenue Planning Manager
- Reports To (title): SVP Revenue Management
- Career Level: 3
- Country and Location: Hammersmith, London
- Hours of Work: 37.5 per week
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.