What's your new role about?
As a Technical Lead at DAZN, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining DAZN's web applications. You will work closely with a team of developers and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality software that meets business requirements.
- Design and develop web applications using Node.JS, and cloud
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure software meets business requirements and is delivered on time
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other team members
- Develop and maintain project plans and schedules
- Identify and troubleshoot software defects and issues
- Participate in the agile development process, including sprint planning, stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 8+ years of software development experience in commercial, enterprise-level product environments
- Strong experience in building Backend services using NodeJS/react
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux OS(RHEL/Ubuntu), shell scripting and Git
- Experience building scalable cloud-based applications
- Experience of NoSQL databases like MongoDB,Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Awareness/experience of Cloud Platforms AWS/Azure
- Experience with Unit testing framework like JUnit, Mokito.
- Experience with Server back end and API/Service development.
- Knowledge with network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP.
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with media streaming or video technologies
- Knowledge of database design and development, particularly with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with other programming languages, such as Python or Java
- Experience with front-end frameworks other than React.JS, such as Angular or Vue.js
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.