What's your new role about?
So, what’s your new role about?
As a Scrum Master working within the Enterprise Data Management at DAZN, you will be responsible for supporting our Data Engineering teams to deliver their sprint commitments, removing blockers and coaching them to self-organize.
DAZN is one of the fastest growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
Working within the Enterprise Data Management team, you will play a lead role by supporting our teams as they design and build our data warehouse, data pipelines and wider data products. Our role is to ensure the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and by downstream analytics and machine learning teams. We need people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant workplace.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Train, coach, and mentor the Enterprise Data Management teams on agile principles, frameworks and tools
- Organise and facilitate Scrum events; Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective
- Ensure that the teams are being as effective and productive as they can be by protecting them from external distractions and actively removing blockers to their progress
- Effectively support multiple teams within EDM
- Work with the Agile Guild and other stakeholders on developing the agile culture across the organisation
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Have worked as a dedicated Scrum Master
- Have used different agile frameworks and practices and can coach the team's adoption of the fittest
- Can facilitate sessions with multiple stakeholders and conflicting priorities and successfully help the group to achieve its goals
- Exemplary emotional intelligence, you are resilient in the face of failures and conflicts and can keep the team focus and energy while moving forward
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with all seniority levels
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Admin level familiarity with Jira, Confluence and similar tooling
- Experience of the Scrum Master role within Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, or similar teams.
- Knowledge of the sports or OTT services sector would be beneficial
- Technical background and readiness to discuss process improvement with the development team
- Scrum or Kanban Certification
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.