What's your new role about?
DAZN is experiencing a significant and continued period of growth. To support this growth, the Senior Finance Analyst – Compliance and Risk will help to ensure that DAZN’s Financial Controls are resilient and fit for its growing compliance obligations.
With a view on continuous improvement of business processes, you will be a key member of the team ultimately responsible for strengthening internal control over critical finance and interlinked business processes and ensuring DAZN is meeting its Corporate obligations from a controls and compliance perspective.
You will get to work collaboratively across multiple teams to understand the creation and pathways of financial data, document financial controls, perform control assessments and produce reports and financial process notes to increase the understanding of control design, control operating effectiveness and adherence to DAZN’s growing compliance requirements.
With either an external or internal audit background, you will have previously documented and tested financial controls and demonstrated the ability to improve and streamline processes and controls.
As an excellent communicator, you will be able to leverage relationships across the finance function and wider business to concisely explain complex business and finance related issues, control weaknesses and gaps and be able to complete engagements to tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you? You’ll be part of a very unique project which will have an impact on the global business as we mature as a company. As part of a dynamic, ever changing team, you’ll be able to get involved with other finance areas as well and learn all about them, offering you the chance to define and progress your career at DAZN.
You will be part of the newly developed Financial Controls and Governance team and report into the Finance Manager for Compliance and Risk. The team’s objectives are of critical importance to the Group’s CFO and the team will be seen as a key enabler in helping DAZN reach its long-term strategic objectives. Existing team members pride themselves on being effective business partners, developing strong and genial relationships but also able to deliver sometimes challenging messages.
This role can be based in Hammersmith with the flexibility to work from home where it is suitable. The internal job title is Senior Finance Analyst.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Senior Finance Analyst – Compliance and Risk, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Manage DAZN’s Corporate Compliance obligations from a risk and controls perspective.
- Play an integral role in control design and improvement projects in order to meet the Group’s compliance and control optimisation requirements.
- Undertake walk-throughs and co-ordinate control documentation exercises across the Finance function, identifying control gaps and weaknesses and produce insightful feedback detailing implications and opportunities for improvement.
- Support on control remediation activities and control design initiatives.
- Maintain DAZN’s Risk Register and continually update risk and control matrices.
- Be a point of contact for external audit and other third-party advisors on financial control matters.
- Manage the Group’s insurance renewal process and be a key liaison between DAZN and the Group’s insurance providers.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Recently achieved accountancy qualifications (ACA or equivalent) or around 1 year of PQE
- Big 4 experience as part of an audit team or similar
- Experience of stringent controls compliance standards for large corporations such as PCAOB and or SOX requirements
- Experience producing reports on control findings and recommendations
- Ability to project manage and work collaboratively and effectively across finance and commercial teams
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Oracle Fusion
- Experience of insurance policies and working with insurance brokers
- Experience of working in, or with, either an online subscription (or highly transactional), media, tech, or sports business
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.