What's your new role about?
A brand-new opportunity for a Market Performance Manager to help drive the revenue generation for all DAZN markets.
You’ll be working on the Subscription area of the business and have the chance to provide significant contribution to strategic decisions within our fast-paced and incredibly dynamic business.
You will be involved across one or more of our current markets. You will support the broader Revenue team by providing and utilising market intelligence/research and data analysis, challenging current thinking and processes, and devising solutions to existing and new business challenges. Given the breadth of the role you will work cross functionally with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Your innovative and consultative mindset will provide you with an objective view on the marketplace, our position within it and the opportunities that exist. You will relish working in a fast-paced, agile environment, love to embrace a challenge and can thrive in this broad and pacey new role by always being ahead of the game.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
As DAZN matures, we are broadening the ways that we monetise the exclusivity of our content and we are seeking specialised teams across our Direct to Consumer Subscribe business, our growing Advertising revenue stream, the re-invention of sports broadcasting in Commercial Premises or the introduction on new innovative revenue streams. You will work towards one or more of these functional areas:
Commercial Revenue Strategy
- Support planning and execution of your functional area through research and market analysis, working with stakeholders to define recommendations and roll out plans, including the launch of new rights and partners
- Analyse existing propositions (such as pricing, positioning, introductory offers) at a cohort level and use this to support on planning changes to maximise opportunities and propose mitigations to minimise risks
- Work with the functional leadership to build business cases to show the reason for change our propositions and approach to market and write compelling presentations to facilitate the decision-making process
- Understand the macro factors in our markets, including competitors and implications to DAZN across the revenue stream supported
- Take learnings from across our markets to ensure best practice is followed across all markets as DAZN grows
Supporting the day to day Trading
- Define the key KPIs that then allow the management and leadership teams to understand whether specific revenue streams are performing aligned to our overall company goals
- Understand the targets and track the performance for each market, as well as, specific target segments of the customer base
- Assist in the preparation of materials for a broad set of stakeholders, from weekly performance to our Board at both a regional and a global level
- Implement changes to incorporate new routes to market, new business models and new markets over time as DAZN expands further
- Support the business in understanding propensity models, embed them into regular reporting and recommended uses to enhance business performance
- Work alongside the Revenue Finance teams in the preparation of post investment reviews to assess changes to our products, partners and sales channels with a commercial lens
- Business partner for both marketing and business development teams to understand actions being taken to impact performance and support in understanding of markets and metrics
- Support development of new KPIs, embed them into both reporting and the company
DO YOU HAVE THE ESSENTIALS?
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in either Tier 1 Strategy Consulting firm, Investment Banking, Professional Services, In-House Strategy/ Corporate Development team or a trading function in a subscription business (or similar)
- Demonstrable experience of utilising strategic analytical skills, including market situation/ trend analyses, economic and P&L modelling and forecasting, scenario planning, go to market / roll out plans and operational feasibility assessments
- Highly commercial, numerate with a high level of analytical understanding and Excel skills
- Strong analytical capabilities with a track record of strategic development and implementation planning
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to listen, try new ideas with a test, learn and adjust mentality
- Interest in the sports media industry
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- An understanding of a wide range of international markets
- Experience in media or technology business
- Bachelor’s degree or similar qualification
- Department: Markets Performance, Management & Revenue Strategy
- Internal Job Title: Revenue Strategy Manager
- Reports To (title): Markets Performance &Management or Revenue Strategy
- Career Level: 3
- Country and Location: Hammersmith, London
- Hours of Work: 37.5 per week
- Line Management Responsibility: No
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.