What's your new role about?
Do you love sport, 24/7, anytime, anyplace, anywhere? How would you like to be at the reins of transmitting major live events to sports obsessives all around the globe? What about using your industry expertise to help shape and develop our growing TX department in order for us to become one of the biggest, boldest and bravest sports broadcasters in the world?
As a Senior Transmission Controller, you will have strong experience in delivering live transmissions. Our STCs are responsible for the delivery of DAZNs highest profile events to viewers via it’s OTT and Linear platforms. DAZN Senior TCs enjoy working in a fast paced, changeable environment and are composed under pressure. This is an opportunity to develop your already established career by broadcasting the world’s most prestigious sporting events such as the Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga, UEFA UCL and UEL, NFL and Formula One. The ever evolving nature of DAZN means you will have the opportunity to part of major channel launches, and also be involved in exciting projects which reshape the way live sport is transmitted via OTT as we continue to grow our service globally.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where things can be hectic at times but what a rewarding feeling it is when you are at the reins of transmitting seamless major sporting events across the globe! We are proud of our vibrant Leeds team at the helm of the broadcast arm of the business. So, if you’re also a bit of a chameleon who enjoys adapting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities, then this could be the role for you!
Due to our live sports schedule, this is a shift based role so working hours are very flexible including nights, weekends, national and public holidays. Other benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Monitoring and quality control of all signals in and out of Transmission
- Loading, preparation and transmission of daily playout schedules
- Ensuring all scheduled media is available for playout each day and communication with the relevant channels if anything is missing/incorrect (eg graphics or production)
- Provide first line support of all Transmission services and equipment
- Ability to pre-empt all possible faults and have a plan ready if any of these faults occur
- Being the point of contact for escalating issues when necessary
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues on shift
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Solid, significant experience executing scheduled live events to ensure exact content is broadcast at the correct time
- Experience working in transmission with knowledge of file based media preparation
- Understanding of broadcast automation systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A good understanding of broadcast rules, regulations and compliance in a commercial and residential environment
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in live sports
- Technical and operational experience with broadcast equipment including routers, waveform monitors, graphics engines, etc
- Working with new media, encoding and streaming technologies
- Familiarity with file delivery workflows
- A good understanding of IP protocols and familiar with the technologies and processes of moving around in IP
- Supervisory experience
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.