What's your new role about?
We’re looking for a Research Executive who can provide research support and insights to programming teams both centrally and locally. You’ll need to understand our audiences, market landscape, sports and OTT trends. We are looking for a smart and dedicated self-starter to join a team of sport fans.
We need a motivated Research Executive who loves digging into data and wants to work in a fast-paced and exciting workplace. The Research Executive role sits within the Programming and Operations team and will ensure that all of our Programming content is produced within our rights obligations and brand governance. Your main job will be to support the New Markets team ensuring they understand the detail of all our commercial agreements with broadcasters, and rights holders. This will include detail around the content, talent and advertising permitted within each broadcast and how it differs between all our regions.
You will be responsible for briefing the programming team on the details of all agreements, managing ad-hoc requests from other areas of the business and getting involved in other research projects, from qualitative focus groups in market, to talent sourcing, to writing and turning around the insights and details as quickly as you can.
You will need to form a close working relationship with our rights and strategy teams to ensure you are at the forefront of all new information. You will also need to be able to provide clear and well documented research and as a key insight-provider you will have a head for numbers and a heart for good sports content. We work closely and at a fast pace at DAZN, so you’ll be excited, proactive, and able to constructively challenge as well as be a strong team player.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Have the ability to manage multiple tasks at once and the agility to pivot to new tasks as and when they arise, remaining calm under pressure.
- Bring research expertise to Programming and Operations teams
- Liaise with local teams in disseminating and packaging information to internal stakeholders
- Help manage a wide range of research analysis requests (e.g. sports consumption trends, audience sizing and profiling, competitor activity, current market trends)
- Identify areas of improvement of research output and information needs
- Commission and carry out external focus groups in market to provide insight to programming teams.
- Work with external suppliers and internal teams to ensure that research objectives are met
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Good knowledge of programming content required for sports broadcast.
- Understanding of Rights contracts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Analytical/numerical capabilities are essential, and high-level use of Microsoft Office products, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Passion and curiosity for audiences and sports fans, TV and online businesses, emerging platforms and global media developments
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Interest in sports and the media/OTT landscape
- Statistical software, crosstab tools and data analysis methodologies (e.g. Qualtrics, Q software, Tableau)
- Exposure to media and marketing intelligence sources (e.g. GWI)
- Willingness to travel.
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Job Title: Research Executive – New Markets
- Department: DAZN Production
- Reports To (title): Head of Programming Operations New Markets
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Hammersmith, London
- Hours of Work: 40 hours
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.