What's your new role about?
What’s better than writing code that reaches millions of concurrent users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind. In 2019 we have expanded into Spain and Brazil after success in USA, Japan, Canada, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland and there are only more markets to follow.
Do you want the creative freedom to make the product something you’re proud to show others? The Backend teams are given the autonomy over the software built and provided and the power to select the right tool for the job to build a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
Is your current job allowing you to become better at your craft or just lengthening your years in the industry? Weather it's learning to speak at events, cross-training across the stack, learning to develop tools for other teams or gaining knowledge and ideas from some of the great minds we have here – you’ll always be getting better at DAZN.
The essentials for you!
Location: Leeds city centre (5-minute walk from the station)
Industry: Online Media and Broadcast Streaming
Engineering size: 200+ globally / 40 in Leeds
Pronounced DA-ZONE (tricky, we know!) we are contributing members of the Open Source community and love to share our technological advances with everyone across the world! This year so far you may have seen members of teams speak at QCon New York, FullStack London, React JS Girls London (Hosted), ServerlessDays London / Milan, React Amsterdam, City.js
London, AWS Summit London, O'Reilly Software Architecture Conference London + more. In the second half of 2019, DAZN will be speaking at Fullstack London, ReactDay Italy, Codemotion Madrid, JSNation Amsterdam and React Europe Paris just to name a few.
Want to do your own research? These links are a good place to start:
Don’t have an up to date CV? That’s cool with us, send over what you have and we can sort that out together.
Here’s what you will be working on (not everything, just the important stuff)
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code according to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies.
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support lifecycles.
- Work to continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates to our customers across all platforms.
- Supporting other developers with their day-to-day work.
- Monitor system performance and resolve any issues or failures in staging or production environments.
To make an impact in our teams, you will have at least 3 of the following:
- Node.js (memory profiling, debugging).
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workaround
- Knowledge about automated build processes
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability applications.
- Understanding the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understanding of distributed systems and the difference between microservices and Message Driven Architecture.
- Experience with at least one SQL/noSQL database.
- Experience with AWS, AWS Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience of working in an Agile software development environment.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.