What's your new role about?
What’s better than writing code that reaches millions of concurrent users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind. In 2019 we have expanded into Spain and Brazil after success in USA, Japan, Canada, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland and there are only more markets to follow.
Do you want the creative freedom to make the product something you’re proud to show others? The Backend teams are given the autonomy over the software built and provided and the power to select the right tool for the job to build a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
Is your current job allowing you to become better at your craft or just lengthening your years in the industry? Weather it's learning to speak at events, cross-training across the stack, learning to develop tools for other teams or gaining knowledge and ideas from some of the great minds we have here – you’ll always be getting better at DAZN.
The essentials for you!
Location: Leeds city centre (5-minute walk from the station)
Industry: Online Media and Broadcast Streaming
Engineering size: 200+ globally / 40 in Leeds
Pronounced DA-ZONE (tricky, we know!) we are contributing members of the Open Source community and love to share our technological advances with everyone across the world! This year so far you may have seen members of teams speak at QCon New York, FullStack London, React JS Girls London (Hosted), ServerlessDays London / Milan, React Amsterdam, City.js
London, AWS Summit London, O'Reilly Software Architecture Conference London + more. In the second half of 2019, DAZN will be speaking at Fullstack London, ReactDay Italy, Codemotion Madrid, JSNation Amsterdam and React Europe Paris just to name a few.
Want to do your own research? These links are a good place to start:
Don’t have an up to date CV? That’s cool with us, send over what you have and we can sort that out together.
Here’s what you will be working on (not everything, just the important stuff)
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code according to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies.
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support lifecycles.
- Work to continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates to our customers across all platforms.
- Supporting other developers with their day-to-day work.
- Monitor system performance and resolve any issues or failures in staging or production environments.
To make an impact in our teams, you will have at least 3 of the following:
- Node.js (memory profiling, debugging).
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workaround
- Knowledge about automated build processes
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability applications.
- Understanding the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understanding of distributed systems and the difference between microservices and Message Driven Architecture.
- Experience with at least one SQL/noSQL database.
- Experience with AWS, AWS Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience of working in an Agile software development environment.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/