What's your new role about?
In this exciting position, you will have the opportunity to leverage your skills to devise and implement bespoke systems that will empower DAZN to deliver the best live sports streaming product in the world. Infrastructure Team’s goal is to promote and develop a cloud-integrated and autonomous future.
In this role, you will work closely with a team of infrastructure engineers to design and implement new and inspired solutions for the business. You will investigate and develop novel techniques and practices to extend open-source and enterprise components, emphasizing good design, scalability and future proofing. As a senior member of the infrastructure team, you will assist with mentoring and development of your peers and enable the cross-pollination of knowledge to the wider business.
Collaborating closely with other infrastructure team members, you will be exposed to cutting edge tooling, integrations and automation technologies. Your contributions will directly shape and realise the global infrastructure strategy. Leveraging DAZN’s heavy investment in technology products, you will gain knowledge in all facets of infrastructure management, including configuration management,virtualisation, containerisation and information security.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Work with a skilled team of Infrastructure Engineers to devise, deliver and maintain key systems and projects
- Modernise existing toolsets and solutions to promote a cloud-portable approach
- Work closely with project, technical teams and architects to formulate highly available and scalable solutions
- Act as a subject matter expert for Linux, open source and hybrid/cloud systems, providing consultancy to other departments and high-priority escalations from support teams.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Expert-level implementation, administration and troubleshooting experience of Linux and open source technologies, including CentOS, Elasticsearch, XenServer, VMWare and Ansible2
- Deeply familiar with both concept and execution of Infrastructure as Code, leveraging industry standard tools such as Ansible, Terraform and Git
- Work closely with Development teams with common CI/CD frameworks
- Experience in designing and deploying containerisation and cloud hybrid solutions
- Excellent and robust scripting skills in native languages such as Python, Shell, Perl, PHP
- Well-versed in public cloud solution offerings, architecture and common components
- Solid foundation of common infrastructure and authentication technologies (LDAP, DNS, SSH, NFS, Load Balancing)
- Wide experience in delivering projects in medium to large enterprises in both on-premise and cloud environments
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Team player, able to mentor junior staff
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- DigitalRebar, Ceph and other Software Defined Infrastructure solutions
- Exposure to Microsoft ecosystem (Hyper-V/Windows Server/Azure)
- Modern database technologies, with a focus on high-availability options
- Akamai/Cloudflare and other CDN technologies
- Interest in current and new technology, with an appetite to learn
- Development opportunities (knowledge sharing, mentorship programme, online Learning Zone and others)
- Private medical and dental cover (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life insurance
- MyBenefit platform (thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Flexible working arrangements, 1-hour lunch break incl. in working day
- Wellbeing initiatives
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
- For more information on our perks and benefits please visit our Careers page.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.