What's your new role about?
Have you ever thought of being a part of a team that's responsible for maintaining the quality of a product impacting millions of users?
DAZN is built on a world class technology stack for live and on-demand streaming. We know the importance of continuous investment in technology and people and have significantly invested in this area to date.
We own the components of the tech stack that are critical to delivering the best live and on-demand experience. It enables us to go to market, iterate, and develop new products faster & expand with scale and pace.
With a rapid growth of our platform and increase in the number of supported markets we need to automate more and more aspects of our work - this is being done by our development teams. In the same time we need to provide them with the best in class tools for them to be effective on a daily basis. To achieve that we are spinning up our new TestOps team, built of experts in both Software Engineering and Software In Test Engineering.
This new team will be focused on building tools around existing automation to support unified usage of test scenarios, supporting development of test runners to achieve common way of reporting to central tools and building dashboards to present our test results in a transparent and understandable by non-techies way. TestOps will continue building and own automation frameworks used by DAZN as well as designing and building new, groundbreaking solutions. There's going to be plenty of room for innovation here, as we plan to deliver tools unavailable in the market!
If you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale this ambitious project, come and join DAZN
as a Software Engineer in our brand new TestOps team!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Development and delivery of new groundbreaking tooling around existing automation as well as new tools supporting testing in our Scrum Teams
- Developing platform health dashboards
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support lifecycles
- Continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates
- Mentoring and supporting other developers with their day-to-day work
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience in implementing and maintaining distributed systems at scale in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with at least one SQL/noSQL database
- Experience in maintaining live services at scale by measuring and monitoring system health
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience with Webdriver.io (or any other testing framework based on Selenium)
- Experience with Gherkin and BDD
- DevOps experience in building CI/CD pipelines, automated and continuous testing, proactive monitoring, everything-as-code, etc.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, XBOX, table soccer and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/