What's your new role about?
Is your next career move to lead a team which uses data, reporting and analytical skills to help answer business questions to make DAZN a data-driven company?
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers. When you join DAZN you will work on projects that impact millions of lives thanks to your critical contributions to our global products
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting-edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This role will be based in our brand-new Hyderabad office. Join us in India’s beautiful “City of Pearls” and bring your ambition to life.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- This architect is responsible for designing and implementing scalable, high-performance backend applications that leverage the Node.js framework to support business requirements. As an architect, the primary job duties and responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing backend systems that meet business requirements and performance goals, including databases, APIs, and microservices.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand and define technical requirements, system architectures, and integration points.
- Creating technical specifications, architecture diagrams, and design documents that define the system structure, functionality, and interfaces.
- Doing code reviews and providing technical guidance and mentorship to the development team to ensure code quality, maintainability, and scalability.
- Ensuring the system adheres to established industry coding standards, development best practices, and security guidelines.
- Help troubleshoot and debug issues across the entire application stack, including front-end, middleware and backend systems.
- Developing and implementing strategies and frameworks to ensure the system's quality.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting performance issues and (help) implementing performance optimizations to improve system responsiveness and throughput.
- Staying current with emerging trends, tools and technologies related to Node.js development and contributing to developing best practices and standards.
To qualify for this role, candidates should have a strong background in Node.js
development, architecture design, and software engineering. They should be experienced in leading development teams, working with cross-functional stakeholders, and delivering complex systems on time and on budget. Excellent communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills are essential for success in this role. The ability to work with various technologies such as databases, caching systems, and message brokers is also important.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing large-scale web applications using Node.js or Java.
- Expert knowledge of Node.js and its ecosystem, including popular libraries and frameworks
- Excellent understanding of cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Solid understanding of database design and SQL
- Strong knowledge of RESTful web services and API development
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.