What's your new role about?
Do you want to be part of the leading sports application providing worldwide OTT coverage? Well, we are now looking for an Application Security Specialist! In this role, you will make sure that DAZN's product applications are designed and deployed in a secure manner! Which is highly crucial for our global operations supporting millions of users. On top of that, you will be exposed to new tech, large audience, and traffic, challenges that come with high resiliency, scale, and growing a product on a global scale. Our environment is flexible, result-driven, and offers you independence and autonomy to achieve.
You will join the Security Architecture & Engineering (SANE) team, which are advocates of the "Secure by Design" principle. As a cross-cutting function, we have full exposure to a broad and very exciting technology estate. There is always space to grow and learn by securing our cutting-edge solutions. You'll have an amazing opportunity to make an impact and ensure the security of all our global services.
Benefits will include access to DAZN product, an annual performance-related bonus, pension plan, health insurance discounts, family-friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, the opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series, hackathons, events, etc.
As our new Application Security Specialist, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with Application Architects and Software Engineers acting as a Subject Matter Expert in application security threats, vulnerabilities, risks & controls.
- Ensure project teams are following and correctly implementing DAZN’s application security policies, standards & guidelines.
- Support the project teams with ongoing security risk assessments of new and in-flight software projects.
- Facilitate threat modelling sessions for new and in-flight projects in Amsterdam and across other development centres.
- Proactively guide the remediation work for identified application security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Facilitate the Security Champions Programme in Amsterdam.
- Write and review code in either NodeJS or Golang and in HCL for infrastructure.
- Secure the SDLC and automating security scanning with SAST, DAST, OSA, etc.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Good understanding of modern development practices in cloud environments (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Very good knowledge of information security principles and practices in a secure SDLC.
- Good knowledge of application security testing, static analysis, and software composition analysis.
- Software engineering background with hands-on coding experience.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into business language and explain in layman terms.
- Ability to develop positive relationships and act as an ambassador for information security.
Even better if you also have:
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization frameworks, such as Oauth2.
- Familiarity with standards such as JWT, JWS.
- Expertise in OWASP Top Ten, OWASP ASVS, or other application security frameworks.
- Knowledge about broadcast security, content, and delivery protection, such as DRM
- Experience with cloud-native technologies and Kubernetes
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.