What's your new role about?
As an Engineering Manager, you will drive engineering excellence across engineering teams.
You have solid and developed technical experience, a clear progression into management scope and a passion for driving high-performance teams composed of outstanding engineers.
Do you want to facilitate and support Software Engineers to deliver a global product that is used by millions of users daily? Keep reading.
You will monitor the projects’ delivery ensuring your teams successfully get their craft into production.
You will know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes – be a servant leader. You will be a proven Coach and Mentor, able to grow each of your team members.
As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole DAZN as part of community-based sharing groups.
A BIT ABOUT YOUR TEAM
Teams are typically made up of around 5-8 Engineers, a Product Manager, Scrum Master and an Engineering manager supported by Principal engineers.
Our team are a group from various and diverse backgrounds, we tend to have a flat structure within a team as everyone brings something different and has different experiences and knowledge.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF):
- Enhance a learning, inclusive, healthy, diverse environment for your team and individuals, act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement
- Making delivery focused and data-driven decisions to ensure we meet our commitments
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to support advance modern, software development practices and advance a great engineering culture
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Passionate about building teams in a collaborative, empathetic, empowering and supportive way
- Proven experience in managing and supporting engineering teams in an Agile environment (You build it, you own it)
- Proven experience in collaborating and working with stakeholders (i.e Business Development, Product)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with people at all seniority levels (English required)
- Strong background in software engineering
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience with managing budgets
- Experience developing software for low spec hardware
- Experience working with distributed and remote teams
- Experience building apps on Smart TVs and/or devices (Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, STB's, Chromecast, Fire TV Stick, etc)
- Development opportunities (knowledge sharing, mentorship programme, online Learning Zone and others)
- Private medical and dental cover (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life insurance
- MyBenefit platform (thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Flexible working arrangements, 1-hour lunch break incl. in working day
- Wellbeing initiatives
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
- For more information on our perks and benefits please visit our Careers page.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.