What's your new role about?
Do you want to facilitate and support Software Engineers to deliver a global product that is used by millions of users daily?
As an Engineering Manager, you will drive engineering excellence across engineering teams.
You have solid and developed technical experience, a clear progression into management scope and a passion for driving high-performance teams composed of outstanding engineers.
You will monitor the projects’ delivery ensuring your teams successfully get their craft into production.
You will know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes – be a servant leader. You will be a proven Coach and Mentor, able to grow each of your team members.
As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole DAZN as part of community-based sharing groups.
Teams are typically made up of around 5-8 Engineers, a Product Manager, Scrum Master and an Engineering manager supported by Principal engineers.
Our team are a group from various and diverse backgrounds, we tend to have a flat structure within a team as everyone brings something different and has different experiences and knowledge.
This role is based in Katowice.
As our new Software Engineering Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Enhance a learning, inclusive, healthy, diverse environment for your team and individuals, act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement
- Making delivery focused and data-driven decisions to ensure we meet our commitments
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to support advance modern, software development practices and advance a great engineering culture
You’ll be set up for success if:
- You're passionate about building teams in a collaborative, empathetic, empowering and supportive way
- You have proven experience in managing and supporting engineering teams in an Agile environment (You build it, you own it)
- You have proven experience in collaborating and working with stakeholders (i.e Business Development, Product)
- You're an excellent communicator able to influence people at all seniority levels (English required)
- You have a strong background in software engineering
Even better if:
- You've managed budgets before
- You have experience developing software for low spec hardware
- You've worked with distributed and remote teams
- You have experience building apps on Smart TVs and/or devices (Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, STB's, Chromecast, Fire TV Stick, etc)
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.