What's your new role about?
This is a fantastic new opportunity to join our diverse and expanding global network support team. As a senior network engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of the network development and security projects, in order to ensure the highest standards of security and continued growth can be achieved in line with business targets.
You will also provide senior engineering support to the existing Global Network Support Team for incidents, problems and changes in order maintain the highest standards of network availability across our global infrastructure. You will be expected to have a solid understanding of Cisco and Checkpoint products alongside an in-depth knowledge of routing protocols and VPN’s.
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support successful design / fulfilment of network projects and services requests within agreed timelines.
- Provide Technical expertise to existing support teams, including training and knowledge transfer.
- Aid with the resolution of incidents, problems and changes within business service level targets.
- Analyse technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration and operations.
- Communicate the value of the network to the organisation and support business cases for technology investments and strategic design requests.
- Establish governing principles for network design and deployment.
- Work with technical management to architect networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters.
- Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation
- Lead teams of other network engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation.
- Continually update understanding of business and technology status and objectives and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within an equivalent senior network support or network design role.
- Strong demonstrable experience in supporting, maintaining and developing a complex Cisco routing and switching network environment.
- Expert working knowledge is required within at least two of the following technologies (Checkpoint FW’s, Cisco and Load-Balancers).
- Cisco Nexus and IOS knowledge and working experience. Knowledge of Stacking, VPC, VSS and VRF technology
IT'D BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Previous experience in development and maintenance of Solarwinds network monitoring solution.
- Previous experience working within a Media environment; including Global Video Distribution would be beneficial.
- ITIL foundation or higher certification.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This is an ambitious project with a fast, scalable release cycle. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work they produce. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a technology community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com