What's your new role about?
Want to take the next step in your Legal career and play a key part in acquiring premium sports rights like the UEFA Champions League, Premier League, La Liga, F1 and Serie A?
At DAZN, limitless ambition is our rallying cry, a brave and inventive environment drives us to new achievements and global expansion. As our Head of Legal for Rights & Content, you’ll get to collaborate with our CEO, CCO and COO and their teams to bring premium sports content to our subscribers across the world. You’ll use your expertise in acquiring premium sports broadcasting rights, your negotiating brilliance and creativity to navigate and help win tenders and see rights acquisitions through to their completion, laying the groundwork for long term partnerships with rights holders and federations.
As a Head of Legal you’ll be part of our Legal Executive Team, and you’ll collaborate with other senior lawyers to influence the function and shape the business as a whole. Through constantly challenging the status quo you’ll ensure the team, its contracts and its policies and procedures are fit for purpose and effectively support DAZN’s strategic plan and goals.
This role will be based in Hammersmith, London. Benefits include full access to the DAZN service, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, a family friendly community (including enhanced parental leave), an electric car benefit scheme, learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Head of Legal, Rights & Content you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Advise and appropriately influence DAZN’s Rights and Content teams centrally and in region on all legal matters related to DAZN’s global rights strategy to drive DAZN’s future growth, directly reporting to our Chief Legal Officer and partnering closely with our Chief Executive Officer, Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Operating Officer and regional market leads.
- Be responsible and accountable for the structuring, contracting and negotiation of premium sports broadcasting rights acquisitions and sub-licencing of DAZN’s global broadcast partnerships.
- Use your knowledge of sports rights deals, your creativity and your expert negotiation skills to help navigate and help the team win tenders for major sports rights.
- Be a key part of our Legal Executive Team. You’ll shape the Legal function and its policies and procedures and help influence the company’s future.
- Manage a team of four lawyers and collaborate with each element of the Legal function including its central and in-region lawyers.
- Senior level, post-qualification experience (PQE), having trained at, and subsequently worked in, a highly successful and recognised commercial team in private practice and/or a strong in-house team in the sports broadcasting sector.
- An in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape and global sports rights market.
- Significant experience of high value acquisition and distribution deals in respect of premium sports rights.
- Excellent technical legal skills, especially first class drafting and interpretive abilities.
- Ability to critically analyse and interpret issues in a timely fashion and advise the business how best to take account of them in its operations.
- Highly commercial, constructive and creative negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to create, develop and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of key external and senior internal stakeholders.
- Experience of working on matters with a high degree of autonomy and accountability.
- Confidence to stand by own decisions and push the right agenda for the business whilst mitigating risks at all times.
- An ability to juggle a large workload and rapidly shifting priorities whilst thriving in a competitive and dynamic environment.
- Extensive line manager experience and capability.
- Capacity to work with others from a wide range of professional and non-professional disciplines.
- Honest, articulate and straightforward communication style and openness to direct feedback.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, our content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.