What's your new role about?
Are you an expert in broadcast technology and live sports?
Since 2017 WTA Media have been responsible for the production and distribution of over 2000 live tennis matches for the WTA over the course of a season. The production team organise, produce and deliver over 30 Host Broadcast tournaments per year and manage the World Feed output and delivery of over 20 Non-Host Broadcast tournaments to Broadcast partners across the globe.
As Senior Technical Operations Manager for WTA Media you will manage the technical planning of onsite and remote broadcast coverage for live tennis and have responsibility for the outside broadcast, data & graphics operations. This role is not for the faint hearted, you will need to have a solid broadcast engineering background, a live outside production understanding and significant experience of problem solving. But, if you love the buzz of events and getting in front of clients while simultaneously managing multiple suppliers then this could be perfect for you!
You will also have the opportunity to take ownership of management of all the technical elements and logistics of WTA Media’s on-site production as well as supporting broadcast workflows at DAZN. You will play a key role in driving technical innovations that streamline process and enhance the production and represent WTA Media onsite at tournaments globally, with a willingness to travel to several events each year and manage a team of freelance and staff technical managers.
Throughout the fast pace of juggling events, suppliers, technical elements and more, you’ll have a support network around you and will work closely alongside WTA Media’s Head of Tennis to make sure all production standards are met and will report into the Head of Technical Resources @ DAZN.
This role can be based in our London locations. Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Senior Technical Operations Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Own the planning, implementation and post event debrief for the live production element of WTA Media events, producing the host broadcast manual and ensuring information is delivered efficiently.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders including the tournament directors, outside broadcast facility providers, the graphics supplier and data partners. Ensuring all service providers meet the SLAs.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of outside broadcast and flypack environments including cameras, audio, video format, cabling, IP technologies, power, contribution and distribution techniques while also showing a willingness to learn the internal DAZN workflows and the integration of post-production.
- Drive technology innovation to elevate the production output whilst looking to find economies of scale and stay within the existing production budget. Research and innovate current workflows to provide efficiencies while still delivering high standards.
- Support the Head of Tennis and Managing Director in ongoing project development.
- Act as Technical point of contact for all people working onsite with WTA Media, including tournament staff and domestic broadcasters. Responsible for managing all technical facility issues.
- In partnership with NEP, ensure all equipment is safe for use, with all onsite staff working appropriately and safely with the Production Management team.
- Communicate to relevant parties’ timings for Technical FACS and end to end tests
- Managing production crew on-site.
- Provide fully detailed post tournament reports including pictures and workflow operations and recommendations for next year.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Production/Broadcast on-site experience
- Live production understanding
- Experience working with a production facilities provider
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel Internationally 100+ days per year
- Readiness to be On-site 10 days at a time per tournament with some events back-to-back
Even better if you have:
- Background in working on live sporting events
- Experience of managing a small team
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.