What's your new role about?
As our Product Manager, Mobile Playback (iOS & Android) you will be involved in the definition and continuous development of video playback technology on a variety of mobile devices that DAZN supports. This includes the implementation of new streaming solutions as well as changes to video players, streaming protocol, DRM handling, playback monitoring, and debugging.
You will collaborate with teams across product, player engineering, R&D, video architecture and operations to define and deliver a product roadmap for DAZN video playback experience on mobile devices.
Based on strategic priorities, the mobile playback product roadmap will be shaped by your personal creativity, tenacious attitude and data-driven, analytical mindset. You will be able to evidence very strong product management skills as well as deep domain experience around mobile OTT playback mechanisms, various player types, player configurations and implementations as well as presentation and delivery of live video and VOD content on internet-connected devices.
In this varied role, you will have the opportunity to not only grow your strategic leadership skills but also play a pivotal and hands-on role on the technology definition, research and delivery side as our product evolves.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working (remove if role is 100% office based with shifts e.g. Broadcast Ops), and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Product Manager for Mobile Playback, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Define product goals, KPIs, and requirements in an agile environment by understanding and prioritising end-user and business stakeholder needs to develop a strategy for developing and deploying the best in the market new generation of mobile video playback experience for live and VOD sport content. Create user stories, wireframes and test cases to inform architecture, product development and QA. Work with teams on delivery of set goals.
- Manage the product backlog as well as the priorities of engineering, R&D, internal partners, third-party vendors, design and marketing to deliver effective and timely solutions while balancing technical dependencies, resourcing and other constraints.
- Analyse product performance and customer feedback. Assess customer needs and areas of innovation as it relates to video and audio playback across web, mobile and living room experiences. Prioritise bug fixes and new features that respond to customer needs and market opportunities. Iterate continuously on feature and functional enhancements.
- Closely collaborate with technical leadership to drive the roadmap for mobile video playback.
- Partner with DAZN Group and 3rd party providers to develop a state-of-the-art video playback experience.
- Partner with other product managers to align user experience to deliver cross-platform features and capabilities.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Evidence of broad technical experience in mobile video playback on iOS and Android devices, content-encoding and various streaming technologies.
- Hands-on experience with various streaming technologies, with both low latency live streaming and on-demand delivery across multiple devices and strong technical skills to identify and debug all aspects of the video playback supply chain.
- Proven experience with A/B testing and user testing.
- Strong command of agile development processes and rituals.
- Excellent program organisation, product management, and coordination skills.
- Driven by personal insight, analytics, customer viewing trends and habits, and use these to drive continuous improvements of the product and create competitive advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
Even better if you have:
- A degree, MBA or equivalent qualification and relevant ongoing training and development
- Interest in sport
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.