What's your new role about?
It’s April and an exciting new initiative has landed on your plate with the ultimate goal of significantly increasing the product's user base. It involves adding new payment methods and devices to the existing product and requires your coordination and stakeholder management across all business units. There's just one catch - it has to be delivered ahead of the new football season in August, because football waits for no one! This is your challenge and one that will have a huge impact on the success of DAZN.
Your role as Technical Programme Manager, is to support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes), into New Markets as well as Strategic Initiatives to increase distribution of on DAZN, enhancing the current customer experience and making DAZN a world class service for our customers on new platforms or in new markets.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage multiple internal and external software development teams to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video service.
- Work with high-profile external stakeholders and business to ensure that technical implementation requirements are understood, and a regular cadence is in place for stakeholder management/reporting.
- Ensure business objectives are met and risks are managed, resolving technical problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Collaborate with the Product and UX teams on the product requirements documents, including requirements documentation, wireframes, user flows and detailed designs.
- Work with the QA Team to ensure all pre-launch defects are correctly prioritised and resolved in a timely manner to meet the agreed launch dates
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process through hardware manufacture submission processes and internal operations teams.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the delivery.
- Working at partner sites and development centres
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Proven experience leading successful technology delivery in a dynamic business
- Proven experience of building relationships with/ success in managing high profile external partnership stakeholders, ideally in the Pay TV operators, ISPs and or Mobile Carriers domain.
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies.
- Ability to bring people and teams together to have the right conversations at the right times
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with all seniority levels.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Understanding of the challenges of launching products globally on multiple devices and payments services.
- Knowledge of end-to-end video delivery on low powered devices.
- Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance or scrum.org)
- Strong knowledge of Project Management software e.g. Confluence, Jira, Aha! etc
- Culturally aware and sensitivite
- Experience in a similar role: launching products in new markets and/or Pay TV operators, ISPs and Mobile Carriers.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in nine countries. Our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to building a great product for our customers. Our Product team works collaboratively with the Engineering team to continue optimizing our OTT Product and serve even more happy customers around the world.
We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, featuring the widest arry of live and on-demand content ever offered on one platform. We partner with the biggest rights holders across football (Champions League, Europa League, English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and 25+ more), boxing, Formula 1, NFL, NHL Baseball, Basketball, Rugby, Golf and many more, produce the best content ourselves, and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
If you’re looking to really make your mark on a fast growing global product, this is your chance.