What's your new role about?
Imagine it’s April and an exciting new initiative has landed on your plate with the ultimate goal of significantly increasing the product's user base. It involves adding new payment methods and devices to the existing product and requires your coordination and stakeholder management across all business units. There's just one catch - it has to be delivered ahead of the new football season in August, because football waits for no one! This is your challenge and one that will have a huge impact on the success of DAZN.
Your role as Technical Programme Manager, is to support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes), into New Markets as well as Strategic Initiatives to increase distribution of on DAZN, enhancing the current customer experience and making DAZN a world class service for our customers on new platforms or in new markets.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage multiple internal and external software development teams to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video service.
- Work with high-profile external stakeholders and business to ensure that technical implementation requirements are understood, and a regular cadence is in place for stakeholder management/reporting.
- Ensure business objectives are met and risks are managed, resolving technical problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Collaborate with the Product and UX teams on the product requirements documents, including requirements documentation, wireframes, user flows and detailed designs.
- Work with the QA Team to ensure all pre-launch defects are correctly prioritised and resolved in a timely manner to meet the agreed launch dates
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process through hardware manufacture submission processes and internal operations teams.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the delivery.
- Working at partner sites and development centres
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Proven experience leading successful technology delivery in a dynamic business
- Proven experience of building relationships with/ success in managing high profile external partnership stakeholders, ideally in the Pay TV operators, ISPs and or Mobile Carriers domain.
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies.
- Ability to bring people and teams together to have the right conversations at the right times
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with all seniority levels.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Understanding of the challenges of launching products globally on multiple devices and payments services.
- Knowledge of end-to-end video delivery on low powered devices.
- Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance or scrum.org)
- Strong knowledge of Project Management software e.g. Confluence, Jira, Aha! etc
- Culturally aware and sensitivite
- Experience in a similar role: launching products in new markets and/or Pay TV operators, ISPs and Mobile Carriers.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.