What's your new role about?
Do you love sport?
We are looking for an individual to join our MCR team based in Bangor, Northern Ireland. You will need to be able to work in a challenging environment ensuring our live operations are uninterrupted and run smoothly in line with the terms of our SLA’s. Our work is mission critical, we are on the front line of the company’s global content ingest, pulling in sporting content from across the globe for use on multiple platforms. Our schedules follow global sport calendars, so this position requires the candidate to work days, nights, weekends and public holidays on a shift basis. The ideal candidate will need to prove their ability to work in a busy broadcast environment.
You will join a close-knit team that values the desire to learn over previous experience (though both are ideal). We regularly promote internally so this is a wonderful place to start in your DAZN career. We are also proud that despite the workload, we try and keep a relatively relaxed atmosphere in the MCR. There’s always someone at the kettle, ensuring you’re kept well hydrated during a busy yet fun filled shift in the MCR!
If the above seems like a good fit – we’d love to meet you for an interview.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Downlink of satellite / RF content across both local and remote ingest hubs
- Management of IP contribution circuits
- Complete routing and switching of events based on internal booking system
- Providing first line support for any issues that arise.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on a semi-regular basis.
- Basic understanding of broadcast procedures and processes.
- Ability to work as a member of a close-knit team.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of satellite delivery, decrypting and decoding
- Experience in use of broadcast equipment such as SA, IRDs, AV / RF routers etc
- Prior experience working within an MCR environment
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Department: Broadcast Services
- Internal Job Title: MCR Operator
- Reports To: MCR Team Leader
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Bangor, Northern Ireland
- Hours of Work: Shift Rotation - 7-day fortnight
- Line Management Responsibility: None