What's your new role about?
DAZN are seeking a candidate to join our Bookings team. As a Junior Operations Analyst, you will work within Broadcast Services and be responsible for collating, analysing and reporting on operational and financial data, within a department responsible for signal acquisition & distribution facilities for 40,000 + live events each year. You’ll need to be versatile too, as part of the role will require you to step into assisting with the operation itself, allowing you to have a greater understanding of what needs to be reported on and what it means. While being passionate about sport & live broadcast, with previous experience of working in a demanding operational environment, the successful candidate must be expert in collating and transforming hard-to-access data, and displaying it so that decisions can be made. Our work is critical in ensuring that our live global 24/7 MCR, PCR & TX team/s have every small element required to successfully broadcast every second of sporting content to all our consumers, and our work is growing.
You will be responsible for collecting operational and financial data, ensuring the data-sets are consistent, that separate data sets can be joined, and displaying reports for experts and non-experts. You will work closely with the Operational Lead to allow complex information sets to be understood instantly.
We use ScheduALL scheduling system for all our device allocation, capacity planning and cost tracking. We use PowerBI and Qlikview for reporting
This is office-based Monday-Friday role.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Collate and persist existing data
- Capture key operational data trapped in human systems
- Open up fresh data sources from new and existing applications
- Transform data to allow data joins
- Calculate effort and departmental costs
- Create a data set flexible enough to report on any combination of any level of existing information (ie date, time, region, event, supplier, department)
- Understanding the operational workflows
- Document and automate all data gathering, collation and reporting activities
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Expert level with Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience building and maintaining basic database
- Experience with PowerBI
- Basic experience with automation concepts
- Ability to create compelling reports
- Ability to simplify complex data sets
- Remain solution focused
- Excellent presentation skills
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated & proactive
- Clear communication with internal & external stakeholders
- Ability to work well within a team and have a team attitude
- Highly organised with a methodological approach to work
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to hit tight deadlines
- Open to change and new workflows
- Ability to multitask
- Professional attitude
- Excellent written and spoken English
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Previous use of ScheduALL or a similar scheduling system.
- Knowledge of accessing video via IP, satellite & fibre.
- Experience of working in a high pressure, tight deadline, production or transmission environment.
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com