What's your new role about?
Want to help change the way the world sees sport? We have a technical role for you with DAZN, the first global pure-sport live and on-demand streaming service.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Post Production Technical Assistant. You will play a key part in the operational team, providing first line support for online and offline editing systems, clients and editors and Live commentary booths. You will be responsible for basic editing, media management and implementing file-based workflows. As well as this you will be setting up edit suites, GFX stations and Commentary booths, managing the ingest and of media working within a shifted rota system. Technical training will be provided to progress career development.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Assisting the preparation and setup of offline and online edit suites
- Provide first line operational support for our MAM system and adobe stations.
- Provide operational editing assistance to clients.
- Be responsible for instigating and overseeing the downloading and uploading of content to the DAZN Product.
- Adhere to stipulated file-based workflows.
- Support media management needs, including archive processes
- Ensure quality control of digital media encodes and broadcast deliverables.
- Setting up line-up checks for commentary for live events.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience working with Adobe Premiere editing software and MAM systems.
- Experience of dealing with clients in a service environment and being able to communicate technical and non-technical information well.
- An understanding of video file formats and codecs is required.
- Experience importing, exporting, transcoding and exporting AAF files.
- Confident using PC system.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience working in sport or an interest in it.
- Working in live events or galleries.
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Department: DAZN - Content Operations
- Reports To (title): Senior Media Manager
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Leeds, UK
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: No