What's your new role about?
Anti Piracy Penetration Tester
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Would you enjoy working on a streaming platform, reaching millions of concurrent users globally? DAZN are a leading worldwide sports broadcaster, changing the game. To manage the risk of our fast-growing business we are looking for an Security Operations Engineer. Are you an experienced and passionate Security Analyst looking for an exciting challenge on the frontline of security? Can you identify the anomalies in a dataset and shine a light on the threat actors hiding in the shadows? Join us to shape the future of threat detection within DAZN Security Operations Detection & Response and more wider teams. If you have the skillset to solve complex security investigations, we would like to hear from you. If you are someone who wants to stretch your current capabilities, this is something for you and we cannot wait to have you on board of this journey with us.
· Perform penetration testing and vulnerability assessments of linear channels, OTT applications, and other digital content distribution systems.
· Identify and exploit vulnerabilities in DRM systems, encryption mechanisms, and other content protection technologies.
· Reverse-engineer and analyse software, firmware, and hardware components related to content security and digital distribution.
· Develop and implement custom tools and scripts to automate security
· Collaborate with engineering teams to resolve identified vulnerabilities and implement security improvements.
· Research and stay up-to-date on the latest trends, techniques, and best practices in content security, anti-piracy, and DRM.
· Create and maintain detailed documentation on penetration testing methodologies, findings, and remediation recommendations.
· Deliver comprehensive technical vulnerability reports that clearly outline both technical and business risks, include steps for exploit replication and remediation steps
· Work closely with application development teams and follow threat modelling sessions to understand the demands for security assessment
· Investigate security incidents using industry leading security tools
You'll be set up for success if you have:
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in cybersecurity, with a focus on content security and anti-piracy.
· Proven experience in penetration testing and vulnerability assessment of linear channels and OTT applications.
· In-depth knowledge of DRM systems, such as Widevine, FairPlay, and PlayReady.
· Strong reverse engineering and coding skills, with proficiency in languages such as C, C++, Python, or Java.
· Familiarity with network protocols, encryption algorithms, and content delivery architectures.
· Experience using security testing tools, such as Burp Suite, Wireshark, or Metasploit.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Good knowledge of how modern applications are designed, developed and deployed across different platforms
· Solid understanding of pentesting methodologies (e.g. OWASP, OSSTMM, PTES)
· Strong knowledge of foundational IT concepts
· Experience in security monitoring and threat hunting
· Good understanding of different operating systems - Windows/Linux/ MacOS
· Able to communicate complex information clearly and logically, both verbally and in writing.
· A passion for security
Even better if you have:
· Industry certifications such as OSCP, OSCE, or CREST CCT are highly desirable.
· CREST or TIGER certification
· Experience in conducting red team exercises
· Experience working in a Media/Broadcasting environment
· Experience with scripting/query languages and automation
· Sound understanding of Secure Engineering Principles and Standards (ISO27001/PCI/NIST)
· Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, ServiceNow and Microsoft/AWS Security tools
· Bring relevant experience and certifications - but none specified.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.