What's your new role about?
We are looking for a Redakteur with an absolute passion for sport.
As our new Redakteur for DACH, you will think outside the box and identify and write untold stories besides the mainstream. You will work data-driven and support the Chief Editor and SEO Lead in production, planning and organization. You will also get space to realize your own ideas and drive your personal development.
In this role you will report directly to our Chief Editor and the role will be based at our office in Munich.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Redakteur, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Find and realize untold and most interesting sports stories in line with DAZN’s brand and schedule
- Write high-quality in-depth content pieces standing out within German sports media world
- Be creative and develop new ways of storytelling and written formats
- Support the Chief Editor and SEO Lead in production, planning, organization, analysis and reporting
- Build close relationships to key people within the DAZN production team to connect on-platform and written content
- Create content for OOH and Matchday experience
- Be open to shift and weekend work
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Extensive experience in sports journalism
- Strong editorial background and knowledge about football and sports
- Excellent writing skills and great understanding of teasing, social media and SEO (experience in creating SEO content)
- Creative, well-structured and independent work style
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Native level or very high level (C2) of German
Even better if you have:
- Firm with Google Analytics
- Experience in several content management systems
- Experience in acting as a managing editor
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.