What's your new role about?
You will to lead an advanced data analytics and performance team to deliver insights to the business globally. You will manage a hub of data scientists tasked with managing consumer insight, business analysis and data science projects as well as in-market data science teams with a focus on business performance analysis and data science. Your team consists of a range of specialisms supporting functions such as Finance, Commercial, Strategy, Operations amongst others.
You will provide thought leadership on advanced analytics as well as coordinating the pooling of insight across geographically dispersed teams. Ensuring that key business stakeholders are supported with rapid insight and robust analytical support while simultaneously managing the delivery of longer term projects and larger pieces of work, the role will be adept at managing competing priorities and multiple stakeholders. As a coach you will ensure team members’ career paths are defined and we are ensuring skill-sets are being developed to deliver against future requirements
In this role you will be challenged to support a wide array of functions leveraging cutting-edge tools and techniques to leverage DAZN’s data. Within a fast paced and dynamic working environment, in this role you will be responsive and comfortable with the need for re-prioritisation and with a level of ambiguity.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Set agendas for data science to ensure that the data science team is using the right techniques and tooling to ensure that the business is supported with the best analytics to support decision making
- Work with functions to define cross functional analytics roadmaps and to understand skill-sets (+ tooling) required to deliver on current / future requirements
- Delivery of accurate / valuable / timely insights that support business decisions
- Coaching + Mentoring analysts; defining development & career path
- Ensuring that the team follow best-practice techniques to run diagnostic analysis (supervised + unsupervised learning)
- Manage communication of key learnings to business stakeholders
- Understanding business strategy to ensure that team priorities and roadmap are aligned to delivering value to the business
- Build a collaborative and sharing centric team who proactively research new techniques and learnings and actively share these across globally distributed sub teams
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience of building a high functioning analytics/data science team, with proven ability to recruit high calibre individuals at different levels of experience/expertise and manage them to create an effective team
- Excellent knowledge of agile ways of working
- Broad knowledge of analytics across functions preferred (Marketing, Product, Commercial & Research)
- Proven record of identifying and ingesting new data sources to enhance analysis
- Ability to perform data mining, blending large datasets from DAZN (and other Perform divisions) to enhance analysis
- Comfortable working in a fast changing, dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of modelling steps (exploration, feature engineering, supervised & unsupervised learning, model assessment & deployment)
- Strong communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong delivery capability – able to get things done, and perform under pressure
- Strong leadership skills – able to set direction, build capability, and rally people to a cause
- 4-6 years of experience in data modelling, reporting and/or data management
- Experience with tools similar to Alteryx, KNIME, Dataiku or SSIS is preferable
- Confidence with SQL, Python or R, and visualization tools (such as Tableau)
- A minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a STEM subject
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Demonstrable experience of influencing others without relying on positional authority
- Previous history working as a functional data analyst (e.g. Finance or Marketing data analyst)
- An interest in Sports, both as a fan and as an industry is interesting but not essential
- Ability to prioritize and filter out “noise” from critical issues/long term projects and maintain focus on value and reporting
- An adaptable/flexible personality will be critical as priorities and business issues will change
- Department: Data Science and Insights
- Job Title: Head of Data Science and Insight
- Type: Permanent
- Reports To (title): SVP Data Strategy and Analytics
- Career Level: CL4
- Location: Hammersmith
- Hours of Work: Mon - Fri 37.5 hours
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles. The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.